Friday, January 31, 2020

New Club.. When the Time Is Right 3A


So, I've been recently (and currently ongoing process) involved with an entrepreneurship opportunity. One of my coaching friends from North Carolina reached out to me about starting a new elite club swim program in NC. The area is between two local clubs that are an hour away from each other and would act as a closer option for athletes traveling long distances. We have began to break down the full costs, the location options, the equipment needed to produce this team, etc. He recently met with the mayor and city council to show the need for this operation and showcase our abilities to help benefit the community. It's more than likely going to be my prime example for this class considering this is a continuous operation attempt happening.
Which leads me to why I chose this class. Not only does it help meet a requirement for my sports management degree, but it's also helping me research what I need to look for when starting my own club team. Although I am satisfied with the current idea, ultimately I would like to start my own club here in Florida once there is a greater need for club swimming. I imagine this class will be the best source of information to really understand the ins and outs in greater detail than just googling everything.

I'm including picture of my dog Waylon because he is the constant reminder that I need to take time to relax and hang out with him while planning all of this. He doesn't let me forget our walks. Ever. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment