Friday, April 10, 2020

24 A



1)   Students talk about their innovation or concept in their description of the opportunity. When you talk about opportunity, you should talk only about your customers and their needs.
2)   You can’t solve everything. Figure 1 shows how an opportunity and innovation only partly overlap. Your innovation won’t solve every customer’s need, and at the same time, most customers will buy your product, service, or process for part of the attributes and features it offers and ignore (or care less about) the others. Recognize these limitations, and especially don’t hesitate to indicate who your customers aren’t.
3)   Related to No. 1, students tend to blend all three of these elements together. Be careful. Each of these elements concern unique concepts and should be described as clearly as possible.
4)   Many concepts fail to provide enough detail about the three elements. The more you can fit into this description (and you’re limited to only two pages), the more in-depth the online conversations can be.
5)   Students often assume that the best way to write a concept description is to use a narrative format. That’s not true. In the last two pages alone, I’ve used a picture, I’ve used bullet points, I’ve used numbered lists, and I’ve used narrative. I’ve also used bolded sub-headings, and I have italicized important words. What I care about is clear communication -- do what it takes to clearly describe your venture concept.

The program we are looking to build is a safe, elite club team that can be offered to any athlete that is within time standards and effort of training. Tryouts will be held before admittance, and even then  student- athletes will be given a week to train and get a feel for the club. We are offering all the same structures that USA Swimming offers, as well as abiding by all rules and regulation, including insurance and safe sport, to our program. Our goal is to provide an uplifting, but challenging, community that can be shared to the swimming culture as an additional option to competition. We are looking to drive in customers who are dedicated to the sport, but understanding of the costs and the progress that needs to be met before, during, and after the club is started. We will be limiting the amount of meets, but will continue to work fully around a school and summer schedule to better suit the parents and athletes. We will not be offering a "beginners" or "learn to swim" program. Our goal is not to build the athlete from the ground up, but to make the current ground they're on sturdier, faster, and stronger. We will offer varies clinics, as well as meet and greets with current and previous olympians.

No comments:

Post a Comment